Rio de Flag Flood Control Project
- ACE Flooding along the Rio de Flag (from “Rio de Flag and Sinclair Wash.” U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Los Angeles, Calif. Sept 1975)
- ACE Reconnaissance Report – May 1997 (Warning: 186MB)
- ACE 100-year floodplain map
- ACE Rio de Flag Feasibility Report and Final Environmental Impact Statement – Sept 2000
- ACE Final Environmental Impact Statement – Sept 2000
- COF open and closed channel section concept plan – Sept 2005
- ACE Value Engineering (VE) Study Report, January 2010
- ACE Priority Alternatives Descriptions and Cost Summary Report, March 2010
- COF summary of Rio de Flag Flood Control Project for March 2013 Washington DC legislative trip
- COF Rio de Flag Greenway concept drawing – closed channel
- COF Rio de Flag Greenway concept drawing – open channel
- COF Rio de Flag Flood Control Council Update Powerpoint – Feb 26 2013
- COF Rio de Flag Project phase & alignment map, Feb 7 2013
- FOR Important City owned open space parcels along the Rio de Flag – July 2010
- FOR Important privately owned open space parcels along the Rio de Flag – November 2010
- FOR Rio de Flag Main Stem Channel Length Data – by Collis Lovely
- Rio de Flag Flood Control Powerpoint presentation to City Council – June 3 2014
- Rio de Flag Flood Control Design Concept Project Report (Final Draft – May 28 2014 – Warning: 26MB)
- Beale, Lt. Edward F., Wagon Road from Fort Defiance to the Colorado River. House of Representatives Executive Document No. 124, 35th Congress, 1st Session, 1858:51 [title page & pg 51].
- Cline, P. They Came to the Mountain: The Story of Flagstaff’s Beginnings, Northland Press,1976 [selected pages re Leroux Springs].
- Coody, Robert A., Historic Fort Valley Arizona: An Archaeological Survey and Historic overview, pg. 30-35
- Friends of the Rio de Flag, Google map with hiking directions to Leroux Springs.
- Holm, Richard F., Leroux Springs geology map, from Geologic Map of San Francisco Mountain, Elden Mountain, and Dry Lake Hills, Coconino County, Arizona, 1988.
- Holm, Richard F., (op cit), Leroux Springs geology elevation map.
- McDougall, M. M. (ed.), Through Indian Country to California: John P. Sherburne’s Diary of the Whipple Expedition, 1853-1854, Stanford University Press, 1988 [title page and pgs 148-155].
- Monroe, Stephen, Big Leroux Spring flow data- 2004-2013.
- Monroe, Stephen, Big Leroux Spring flow & climate data- 2003-2013.
- Monroe, Stephen. et al., 2011, Big Leroux Spring [white paper and cover letter to U.S. Forest Service requesting return of surface flow to Big Leroux Spring].
- Monroe, Stephen. et al., Big Leroux Spring Poster, 2013.
- Mullhousen drawing of San Francisco Peaks from Leroux Springs area, 1853.
- Olberding, S.D., Fort Valley Then and Now: A Look at an Arizona Settlement,
Fort Valley Publishing. 2002 [selected pages re Leroux Springs].
- Pattee, C.R., “Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon,” The Land of Sunshine Magazine, June, 1897, pg 125.
- Sitgreaves 1853 Report to Congress [title page and pages 10 & 11].
- Sitgreaves route map in Wallace, A. and Hevly, R. (2007) From Texas to San Diego in 1851: The Overland Journal of Dr. S. W. Woodhouse, Surgeon-Naturalist of the Sitgreaves Expedition. Lubbock, TX. Texas Tech University Press.
- USDA Forest Service, Wing Mountain Fuels Reduction and Forest Health Restoration documents.
- Whipple, A.W., Explorations for a Railway Route, Near the Thirty-fifth Parallel of Latitude, for the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. 1855 [selected pages re Leroux Springs].
Science and education
- Bezy, J.V. 2003. A Guide to the Geology of the Flagstaff Area. Arizona Geological Survey Down-to-Earth Series DTE-14, 56 p.
- Carswell, Cally. June 2015. Tree of Life in High Country News.
- Graf, C. August 2016. Reclaimed Water in Arizona: History of Use and Current Issues. PowerPoint. Arizona Department of Environmental Quality.
- Friends of the Rio de Flag Fall 2009 Newsletter
- 1952 Rio de Flag Water Based Recreation and Wildlife Development Plan
- Canyon Diablo Watershed – Rapid Watershed Assessment Report June 2011
- Rio de Flag Main Stem Channel Length Data by Collis Lovely
- Climate Variation at Flagstaff, Arizona – 1950 to 2007 by Richard Hereford, USGS
Lt. Edward F. Beale. Wagon Road from Fort Defiance to the Colorado River. House of Representatives Executive Document No. 124, 35th Congress, 1st Session, 1858:51 (Title Page)
Beale (op cit), pg 51 (Fort Valley and Leroux Springs descriptions)